The Suntory Group pursues diversity on the basis of its human resource management philosophy. By promoting diversity in our employee base as well as embracing diverse values and ideas, we can bring forth even greater value. In an effort to maximize the potential of each and every employee in a work environment that overflows with creativity, the Suntory Group is currently putting high priority on developing talented employees who face the challenges of value creation head-on. We have established methods to encourage employees to work hard to achieve even higher goals without the fear of failure.
*This applies to 6,785 employees under employment of Suntory Holdings Ltd. or Suntory Beverage & Food Ltd. and work at Suntory Holdings Ltd., Suntory Beverage & Food Ltd., Suntory Products Ltd., Suntory Wellness Ltd., Suntory Spirits Ltd., Suntory Beer Ltd., Suntory Liquors Ltd., Suntory Wine International Ltd., Suntory MONOZUKURI Expert Ltd. Suntory Business System Ltd. Suntory Communications Ltd., Suntory Beer, Wine & Spirits Japan Ltd. and Suntory Global Innovation Center Ltd., etc. (As of December 31, 2019; excluding global Group expansion)
Development of Human Resources
- Basic Policy on Human ResourceWe aim to create an environment that enables each employee to work with enthusiasm and challenge, and bring out their full potential.
- Employment Status2019 data for employees that work in the Suntory Group is provided.
- Development of Human ResourcesBased on a fair and reasonable human resource system, we are working to create an environment where employees can develop and harness their capabilities to the full.
- Promoting DiversityWe endeavor to create an organization that enables diverse employees to carry out "Yatte Minahare" through the promotion of employee diversity and acknowledgment of their differences.
- Promoting Work-Life BalanceWe strive to foster work-life balance in employee-friendly workplaces where diverse employees can make full use of their capabilities.
- Labor/Management RelationsLabor and Management cooperate to create a comfortable working environment.
- Occupational Health and SafetyWe promote occupational health and safety based on the belief that a workplace where employees can work with peace of mind is connected to the vibrancy of the company.
- Health managementWe have started health management from 2016 to further promote the health of our employees and their families.
- Group Global Human Resources DepartmentSuntory is involved in a wide range of initiatives on a global level as global expansion accelerates.
Sustainability Action Plan
Target achieved: Achieved 70% or more: Achieved less than 70%:
|Prioritized items||Mid-Term Targets||Results in FY2019||FY2020 Action Plan||Evaluation|
|Respect for Human Rights||Cultivate an organizational culture that puts respect for human rights first and establish groupwide human rights management mechanisms||
|Development of Human Resources||Enhance human resource development system and promote Yatte Minahare spirit of employees||
|Promoting Diversity||Realize diversity management that creates greater value through accepting and utilizing diverse values and ideas||
|Promoting Work-Life Balance||Transform working styles and create workplaces where each person can make full use of their capabilities||