The origin of cultural and social contribution activities of the Suntory Group goes back to the spirit of Giving back to Society of Suntory founder Shinjiro Torii. Our approach is to continue pursuing the ideal cultural and social contribution that will be passed from generation to generation, and we work across a wide range of cultural and social contribution activities, including the development of next generations, support for disaster affected areas, contribution to local communities, supporting challenged sports, and promoting employee volunteer through arts and culture, sports, and social welfare. We value communication with local communities through engagement efforts in each region as part of all of our social contribution activities.
Arts, Culture, and Sports
Developing the Next Generation
Contributions to Local Communities
- Basic Policy on Social ActivitiesThe Suntory Group has worked in various community contribution activities since its founding to support the realization of a society where people are able to enjoy fulfilling lifestyles. We formulated the Suntory Group Basic Policy on Social Activities to fulfill our global social responsibility together with our Group companies.
- Arts, Culture and Academic ActivitiesWe work on the promotion of humanities, social sciences, and bio-organic research in addition to artistic and cultural development that contributes to the growth of rich culture and lifestyles.
- Sports ActivitiesIn order to contribute to the enrichment of people's lives and culture, we focus on the promotion of sports.
- Social WelfareWe work in charitable and social welfare activities based on our giving back to society spirit since our founding.
- Developing the Next GenerationWe believe it is our mission as a company to nurture people who will play a role in the next generation. We are expanding various activities to support the development of children.
- Contributions to Local CommunitiesWe implement social contribution activities focusing on the local communities, by greening the plants and organizing plant tours and beautification activities implemented by the employees.
- Supporting Challenged SportsWe conduct activities to cheer on challenged athletes (sports for the disabled) under our PASSION FOR CHALLENGE grounded in our “Yatte Minahare” spirit that we have had since our founding.
- Supporting Employee Volunteer ActivitiesWe actively support volunteer activities and other events for employees to participate in society to continually cultivate sincere human trust toward Growing for Good.