We are committed to creating an organization where all employees of the Suntory Group work autonomously as professionals and continue to create new value for our customers and stakeholders.
Basic Philosophy of Human Resources
To realize our vision of “Growing for Good,” the Suntory Group has a basic human resource philosophy that aims to have each employee energetically engage in rewarding work to his or her best ability, and pursues “diversity management” which takes diversity among individual employees as given.
- Hiring on the basis of the individual without regard to nationality, gender, age, disability, or other factors
- Assigning the right person to the right job in order to get the most out of each individual's capabilities
- Offering compensation based on performance, in accordance with each employee's role and results
A Committee to Promote Human Rights
The Suntory Group eliminates all forms of unjust discrimination and harassment as stated in its Corporate Ethical Standards. To do this, we have created the Committee to Promote Human Rights Education, whose goal is to promote respect for human rights and eliminate all forms of discrimination, including those based on nationality, gender, age, and disability. Suntory has also implemented human rights education and awareness programs at seminars for new managers and new employees, and is continually engaged in consciousnessraising efforts so that all employees will have a proper awareness of human rights.
We have been visiting each office and holding seminars related to human rights since 2011 as an awareness-raising initiative in a three-year plan.
Employee data (as of December 31, 2012)
- * Contract and temporary employees: includes non-regular and part-time staff
Average age and average length of employment (as of December 31, 2012)
Number of employees
Number of resignees and reasons
- *1 Retirement age includes people who chose to retire themselves
- *2 Turnover rate is calculated based on resignees excluding retirees
Retention rate of new graduate hires
- * Calculated based on new graduate hires from 2005 to 2007
* This applies to 4,976 employees who have an employment contract with Suntory Holdings Ltd. and work at such Group companies as Suntory Holdings Ltd., Suntory Beverage & Food Ltd., Suntory Products Ltd., Suntory Wellness Ltd., Suntory Liquors Ltd., Suntory Beer & Spirits Ltd., Suntory Wine International Ltd., and Suntory Business Expert Ltd. (as of December 31, 2012)