Suntory Museum of Art 6th Floor Hall
20 for each session
Ages 16 and over
¥3,000 per person (includes museum entrance fee)
- Application Period: September 1 - October 8
- Workshop will only be conducted in English.
- The contents of workshops ① and ② will be the same. Please specify a time slot when you apply. Multiple applications will not be validated.
- In the case the number of applications exceeds the number of spaces, a lottery will be held.
- Results of the lottery will be sent by email at least two weeks before the event, to the winners only.
- The participation fee must be paid by bank transfer in advance (transfer fees responsibility of participant). Details will be included in notification email. If payment is not confirmed, it will be treated as a cancellation.
Murose Kazumi ｜Urushi artist
Holder of an Important Intangible Cultural Property, for maki-e technique
Born in 1950, Murose received the Tokyo Governor’s Prize at the 47th Japan Traditional Kôgei Association Exhibition in 2000, the Japan Arts Foundation Encouragement Award in 2007, and many other prizes. In 2008, he was designated holder of an Important Intangible Cultural Property, for maki-e technique and awarded the Medal with Purple Ribbon. He is vice-chairman of the Japan Kôgei Association.