History of Locally Loved Brands
We are ever evolving to satisfy the people with unexpected drinking experience.
BRAND’S Essence of Chicken
- Mr. Henderson William Brand, royal chef to King George IV, creates a chicken essence beverage with the aim of improving the King’s health
- Launch of BRAND'S Essence of Chicken as a nutritional drink
- Sales growth as a household staple in Asia
Rapid demand expansion thanks to consumers seeking products to enhance health and energy.
- 180th anniversary of BRAND'S Essence of Chicken
Lucozade & Ribena
- Launch of Lucozade as a cold remedy for children
- Launch of Ribena
The blackcurrant drink rich in Vitamin C has been loved by a wide range of people, especially children.
- Lucozade and Ribena have been evolving to match customer preferences and are now sold in more than 15 countries
In 2017-2018, the brands were reformulated to create lower sugar products in response to rising health consciousness.
- Birth of Orangina
Allows consumers everywhere to enjoy the taste of Mediterranean oranges all year round!
Known for its charming bottle design.
- Expansion of Orangina sales throughout France
First gained popularity in cafes.
- Orangina promotion "Shake It!"
"Shake It!" slogan informs consumers how to best enjoy Orangina and its natural pulp content.
- Orangina's national and regional popularity reaches global levels
- Orangina goes on sale in Japan by SBF
The fruit juice brand is popular with a wide range of consumers in New Zealand’s fruit juice market.
Suntory Oolong Tea & Suntory Black Oolong Tea
- Launch of Suntory Oolong Tea
Establishment of sugar-free tea category.
- Launch of Suntory Black Oolong Tea (certified as a Food for Specified Health Uses)
Born as a high-value added product offering healthier benefits, by making full use of the knowledge and technology cultivated in developing Suntory Oolong Tea brand.
- Launch of Suntory Minami-Alps Tennensui mineral water
Suntory Tennensui brand has continued to expand sales and has been the No. 1*1selling brand on the mineral water market for 22 consecutive years.
- Launch of Yogurina & Suntory Tennensui
The product sales of this drink which is transparent yet has a strong yogurt flavor exceeded 10 million cases sold during the approximate nine months*2 since its release. This represents the fastest pace ever*3 for the flavored water market.*1 Intage SRI Research: Mineral water sales volume, January 1996 through December 2017 (monetary amount)
1996 – 2001 total for SM/CVS/general liquor shops/beverage & food shops/bakeries
2002 – 2006 total for SM/CVS/drug stores/general liquor shops/beverage & food shops/bakeries
2007 - 2017 total for SM/CVS/drug stores
*2: From April 14, 2015 to March 9, 2016, excluding two-month shipping stoppage: April 17 through late June
*3: SBF research
- Launch of Boss canned coffee
It has been a long-selling favorite that many consumers recognize as the "coffee of the working people."
- Launch of Craft BOSS series
This series was launched as the coffee beverage mainly targeting those who have new work styles that are no longer limiting workers to the office or specific work hours.
In this year, BOSS brand achieved 25 consecutive years of growth.
- Launch of V Energy
Hugely popular every day energy drink.
- Launch of V Pure
V line-up expands with products such as V Pure, which is made with natural ingredients.
This jelly drink with wide variety of flavors has been popular among wide range of customers for refreshment and as a snack.
It has been a popular carbonated energy drink brand in Vietnam.
Iyemon & Iyemon Tokucha
- Launch of Suntory Green Tea Iyemon
- Launch of Iyemon Tokucha (certified as a Food for Specified Health Uses)
While evolving to offer the truly delicious tea, we expanded its line-up with FOSHU product, which has healthy benefits.
TEA+ & MYTEA
- Launch of TEA+ in Vietnam and MYTEA in Indonesia
The oolong tea drinks contain Oolong Tea Polymerized Polyphenols (OTPP), which helps block the absorption of fat in foods and suppress the increase of triglycerides after meals. They were produced through Suntory's technology of making oolong tea.
It was released as the first in-house brand by Pepsi Bottling Ventures in the USA.
- Launch in France
It is a low-sugar, infused ice tea available in a variety of flavors, which is utilizing Japanese tea-making technology.
- Launch in Belgium
- Launch in Spain