Suntory Beverage & Food Limited (“SBF”) has been selected for the first time as a constituent of the FTSE4Good Index Series and FTSE Blossom Japan Index, the ESG investment index.
The FTSE4Good Index series is a series of indices, developed by FTSE Russell*, consisting of corporations with strong ESG (Environment, Social, Governance) practices. As of June 18, 2018, there were 925 constituents globally, including 152 Japanese companies.
* FTSE Russell is a wholly owned subsidiary of the London Stock Exchange Group that develops and manages a range of indices that are used around the globe.
In becoming a constituent of FTSE4Good Index Series and FTSE Blossom Japan Index, we note:
• Our progress in cutting greenhouse gas emissions, and the acquisition of third-party guarantees
• Promotion of management that takes into account diversity and the environment
• Improvement in corporate governance systems
• Introduction of supplier code of conducts based on corporate social responsibility
“Mizu To Ikiru”, literally “living with water”, is the promise that Suntory Beverage & Food Limited makes to society. As a company supported by the blessings of nature’s gifts, SBF will continue to strengthen its activities in the ESG field going forward, in order to contribute to the building of a sustainable society.
For more details regarding SBF’s ESG activities, please see here.