We are a Core Company in the Suntory Group
conducting beverage and food business operations
Suntory Beverage & Food was established in 2009 and took over the non-alcoholic beverage and food business from parent company Suntory Limited, founded in 1899.
History of our products
- Shinjiro Torii founded Torii Shoten and started production and sales of wine.
- Kotobukiya Limited founded.
- Kotobukiya started sales of soft drinks.
- Company name changed from Kotobukiya to Suntory Limited.
- Suntory Foods Limited established by Suntory Limited.
- Orange 50
- Suntory Limited acquired PepCom, and started its bottling business in the U.S.
- Suntory Oolong Tea
- Suntory Limited acquired shares of Cerebos Pacific Limited, making the company a member of Suntory Group.
- Suntory Limited formed a joint venture in the U.S. with PepsiCo. Pepsi Bottling Ventures LLC was established.
- Suntory Tennensui (mineral water)
- BOSS (RTD coffee)
- Suntory Beverage & Food Limited, operating company of Suntory Group‘s non-alcoholic beverage and food business was established. Acquisition of Frucor Group. Acquisition of Orangina Schweppes Group.
- Suntory Iyemon (RTD green tea)
- Suntory Black Oolong Tea (FOSHU)*
- Formed a joint venture, PT Suntory Garuda Beverage, with Garuda Food Group. Business in Indonesia started.
- Joint venture with PepsiCo, Suntory PepsiCo Vietnam Beverage Co., Ltd. was established. Business in Vietnam started. Suntory Beverage & Food Limited listed on the first section of the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
- Lucozade Ribena Suntory Limited started production and sales of Lucozade and Ribena brands transferred from GlaxoSmithKline plc.
- Acquired shares of Japan Beverage Holdings Inc. and JT A-Star Co., Ltd. (now A-Star Co., Ltd.), making both companies members of SBF Group.
- Suntory Beverage Solution Limited, taking over Suntory Foods Limited’s vending machine business and water dispenser business, started its operation.
- Cerebos Pacific Limited and its subsidiaries started operations under the name “BRAND’S SUNTORY”. Group Companies in New Zealand and Australia started operations under the name “FRUCOR SUNTORY”.
- Joint venture with PepsiCo, Suntory PepsiCo Beverage (Thailand) Co., Ltd. was established. Soft drink business in Thailand started.
- Orangina launched in Japan.
- Iyemon Tokucha(FOSHU)*
- Suntory Yogurina & Minami-Alps Tennensui
- Suntory Tennensui PREMIUM MORNING TEA Lemon / Craft Boss Black
* Food for specified Health Uses